MECOP Alumni Association
The MECOP Alumni Association provides a conduit to keep thousands of interns, mentors, and supporters of MECOP connected to the program through a perpetual series of events for everyone involved. Consistent with MECOP's Mission to "enhance and expand an industry driven engineering cooperative program", the Alumni Association provides a venue to celebrate and collaborate outside of the structured process events. We are a growing community of dedicated professionals and together we are promoting professional knowledge and growth, the commitment to ethics, and the advancement and betterment of human welfare.
- Multiple in person networking opportunities every year
- (coming soon) Interact with members in person and online via events and online discussion forums
- Collaborate on fresh ideas to improve MECOP
- Build new connections from a common foundation
- (coming soon) Student Alumni - Post your resume online
- (coming soon) List employment opportunities for program Alumni
- Access to an Alumni Newsletter
- Provide input and collaborate on new alumni events
The Alumni Association will be hosting several events a year starting during fall of our flagship year, 2018. Specific events will be posted in our events calendar available to members / students that have been accepted into the alumni association, regardless of whether they are up-to-date with their membership. Event attendance will require additional fees at the door for non-dues paying members to assist with event costs.
To pay for our events and other membership related benefits, all participating members will be required to pay an annual membership fee of $50.00 to maintain access to all of the association's services. Dues paid will reflect the membership year in which they are paid. For example, 2019 membership will affect membership from 7/1/2019 thru 6/30/2020. All dues are tied to the association's fiscal year (July-June).
Dues will be required to access most of the online features of the Alumni Association, including online chat forums and Job / Resume posting.
Dues will be waived for the first year under the following circumstances:
- All applicants applying during our flagship year (2018) will have their membership dues waived through the end of the first fiscal year. Membership dues will take effect 7/1/2019
Anyone wishing to join the MECOP Alumni Association as a Student Alumni or Friend of MECOP must meet the following qualifications:
- Student must have graduated the program in good standing.
Friends of MECOP:
- Applicant must currently or previously been a participating member of a MECOP/CECOP member company / university. This includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- University Advisors and Representatives
- University Deans
- Company Mentors
- Company Program Representatives
- Company Executive Sponsors
How to Apply
Option 1: Apply with Existing Account (recommended)
Click the link below. If you are not logged in you will be prompted to do so. Upon login, the system will check to see if you qualify for an account. The system will assess your qualification based on the criteria listed earlier. Upon verification your account will be authorized for membership.Apply using Existing Account
Option 2: Fill out Application Form
To qualify for an account, please fill out the application / recovery form by clicking on the button below. All requests will be reviewed by one of our staff members. Candidates will be considered based on the following qualifications:
- Applicant must meet the Student qualifications listed earlier.
- Applicant's provided information must be matched to a student on record.
Friends of MECOP:
- Applicant must meet the Friends of MECOP qualifications listed earlier.
- Applicant's provided information can be matched to an existing record for a company representative / mentor or university member.
- Validation, primarily users without existing records, may require additional verification with the company / university the applicant has specified as well as the Student Support Committee.
- In cases of companies that have not participated for more than 10 years, additional verification may be required through review by the Student Support Committee.