Students are selected into the program through two screening processes. First, they are screened academically after their sophomore year. This is primarily an effort to ensure that students are academically qualified to take upper-division courses. A second screening takes place through an interview process during which MECOP company representatives interview the students applying for the program. The goal of this screening is to make every effort to insure that the students are qualified and ready for future internship placement.
- Real work experience
- Two paid six-month internships
- Opportunity to experience two different work environments, management styles etc.
- Exposure and connections to over 125 of the Northwest's best companies and their working engineers
- Gain "insider" career choice knowledge
- Learn academic and personal strengths and weaknesses from experience
- Make more informed course selections
- Finance all or a major portion of your education
- Develop the ability to understand and grasp course content upon return to the University
- Develop maturity, confidence, enthusiasm and a higher starting salary
Curious as to what other students have said about the program? See the testimonials
Other Important Information & Considerations:
- Coursework Requirements
- Curriculum Plans
- Disciplines Involved in MECOP
- Insurance Coverage
- Loans & Scholarship Opportunities
- Make sure to follow all the instructions on the application form.
- Important: Preselect applications are by invitation only. Applicants who were not invited will be rejected automatically.
Note: High school preselects skip step one because they are screened before being invited to apply.
Once the application window closes, all applicants will be pre-screened by university advisors to determine if they qualify for the program. This primarily constitutes confirming that an applicant will be in pro-school prior to their first internship and meet GPA, coursework, and other academic requirements.
Once this process is completed you will receive an email stating if you were accepted for interview or denied.
All remaining applicants will be invited to interview with a panel of MECOP industry representatives. Details regarding when and where you will be interviewed will be posted at the link below as the data is made available. This page will also contain information pertaining to dress code and details regarding what will happen.
Interview schedule and general info - (Documents will be posted in the days prior to interviews)
Interview results will be emailed to you after all results for pro-school have come in. This is typically mid-July.
- For pre-selects, the interview results will be sent out approximately two weeks after interviews.
- Results for supplemental interviews vary depending on the time of year it is held. Details will be posted on the Interview schedule and general info page.