Started as a collaboration between Oregon State University and our founding companies, MECOP is focused on providing training and development for the next generation of professionals through paid internships. Internships are aligned with university coursework to minimize the extension of time to complete degrees while maximizing the time to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to real-world projects in industry.
- Real work experience
- Two paid six-month internships
- Opportunity to experience two different work environments, management styles etc.
- Exposure and connections some of the Northwest's best companies
- Interact with professionals in your discipline
- Gain "insider" career choice knowledge
- Learn academic and personal strengths and weaknesses from experience
- Make more informed course selections
- Finance all or a major portion of your education
- Develop the ability to understand and grasp course content upon return to the University
- Develop maturity, confidence, enthusiasm and a higher starting salary
View all student testimonials
MECOP was instrumental to my getting where I'm at. After my first internship had ended, I continued to work as an intern part time for another 6 months while going to school. At the end of my second 6 month internship, I accepted a full time position with my second internship company as an engineering technician. I remained in that position for the next year and a half while continuing to take classes. This past spring I accepted a full time position at the company I did my first internship at. I would strongly encourage any and all engineering students to get involved with MECOP. My situation was somewhat unique because I continued to work for these companies after the internships had ended. That being the case, when I graduate in a week I will have over 3 years of paid industry experience (as well as benefits like tuition reimbursement) to bolster my career. I have been working as a titled and salaried engineer for the past 3 months now - even before I received my degree. There's no way that would have happened without the MECOP program. Thank you for the opportunity!
- Oregon State University
- Oregon Tech
- Portland State University
- University Of Portland
Participating Student Disciplines
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Engineering Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Students are selected into the program through two screening processes. First, applicants are screened academically by their university's advising department. This is to ensure students are on track to take upper-division courses necessary for an internship. Following screening an in person interview will be facilitated by company members representatives within the program. The goal of this screening is to make every effort to ensure that the students are qualified and ready for future internship placement.
Other Important Information & Considerations:
- Coursework Requirements
- Curriculum Plans
- Participating Disciplines
- Insurance Coverage
- Loans & Scholarship Opportunities
What happens after I fill out my application?
Other information regarding the application process, including interview information can be found at the link below:Selection interview information