Students are selected into the program through two screening processes. First, they are screened academically after their sophomore year. This is primarily an effort to ensure that students are academically qualified to take upper-division courses. A second screening takes place through an interview process during which company member representatives interview the students applying for the program. The goal of this screening is to make every effort to insure that the students are qualified and ready for future internship placement.
- Real work experience
- Two paid six-month internships
- Opportunity to experience two different work environments, management styles etc.
- Exposure and connections some of the Northwest's best companies
- Interact with professionals in your discipline
- Gain "insider" career choice knowledge
- Learn academic and personal strengths and weaknesses from experience
- Make more informed course selections
- Finance all or a major portion of your education
- Develop the ability to understand and grasp course content upon return to the University
- Develop maturity, confidence, enthusiasm and a higher starting salary
View all student testimonials
My job is to provide on-site computer support while fielding a system upgrade to the Solidworks software package currently in use. The company got an employee that is knowledgeable in a field they needed and dedicated to the project without taking valuable staff away from projects they are better suited to and I got experience fielding a system, evaluating hardware and software upgrades, working with a team of busy professionals and planning and working to a deadline.
Participating Student Disciplines
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Engineering Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Other Important Information & Considerations:
- Coursework Requirements
- Curriculum Plans
- Participating Disciplines
- Insurance Coverage
- Loans & Scholarship Opportunities
What happens after I fill out my application?
Other information regarding the application process, including interview information can be found at the link below:Selection interview information