Do I Qualify for MECOP?

Screening Questions:

  1. Are you a current student or a transfer student in one of the following majors?
  2. For OSU Students: Will you/have you applied as a fall admit for the OSU College of Engineering or College of Business Professional? Professional School acceptance is a prerequisite for OSU College of Engineering and College of Business majors and as such is a requirement for MECOP participation.
  3. For All Students: Do you still have enough time left in your curriculum to allow you to go out on two six-month internships, and return for at least one term prior to graduation?

If you answered "No" to any of the above questions, it is possible that you are not ready to apply to MECOP. If you are unsure please contact your university advisor. A list of MECOP advisors for your university can be found here.

If you answered "Yes" to all of the above questions, and would like to apply to the MECOP program please refer to our calendar for upcoming application windows. If we are currently accepting applications you can find an application form here.

Financial Considerations:

Students are required to be covered by health insurance according to recent laws.

If you are currently covered: Review your insurance policy and/or call your insurance provider to assess if coverage will continue when you are not enrolled at your university full-time. This should be done as soon as possible if you plan to go out on an internship.

Insurance Options: School, Parent, Spouse, Employer, or Cover Oregon (

Contact your loan provider prior to the start of your internship. Some schools require students to request a "leave of absence" in order to keep scholarships and loans intact.

The following document is an attempt to summarize the impact on MECOP undergraduate students with regard to federal regulations for the Federal Student Aid loan Programs. MECOP and Federal Stafford/Direct Student Loans